Driver CPC Training Courses Near Me
As approved training providers, Total Compliance can deliver Driver CPC training for qualified drivers in Rutland.
Based in Lincolnshire and operating across the UK, Total Compliance are specialists in driver CPC periodic training. Our expert team are passionate about transport and have extensive knowledge and experience of the transport and logistics industries.
Our LGV Driver CPC periodic training syllabus can be delivered either on your premises in Rutland or in one of our training rooms in Rutland.
Why Choose Total Compliance for your Driver CPC in Rutland?
Our courses always get fantastic feedback as we like to do things differently with our unique and friendly style of teaching.
With our Driver CPC courses you get:
- Flexible start times - day and night
- Interactive learning using quizzes and activities
- Industry knowledge from our hands-on experience
WHO DO WE DELIVER DRIVER CPC TRAINING FOR IN RUTLAND?
As transport industry experts, Total Compliance have been delivering Driver CPC periodic training to hauliers, logistics companies and public transport operators in Rutland for years.
Our trainer Michelle, regularly travels up and down the A1 and A606, visting customers in Lyddington, Great Casterton and Manton, to deliver Driver CPC training on their own premises.
Our Clients in Rutland Include:
What Driver CPC Periodic Training Modules Do We Offer in Rutland ?
At Total Compliance, we provide Driver CPC training for HGV drivers in Rutland, Driver CPC training for Coach drivers in Rutland and Driver CPC training for Bus drivers in Rutland.
HGV Driver CPC Training for Lorry Drivers in Rutland
At Total Compliance, we provide driver CPC periodic training for HGV drivers in and around Rutland. This includes:
- HGV Class 1 driver CPC training in Rutland
- HGV Class 2 driver CPC training in Rutland
- LGV driver CPC training in Rutland
- 5 tonne driver CPC training in Rutland
- Lorry driver CPC training in Rutland
We are currently able to offer the following HGV Driver CPC course modules in Rutland:
- Driver’s Course, Working Time and Records Driver CPC in Rutland
- Safe Loading of Goods Driver CPC in Rutland
- Driver’s Health & Wellbeing Driver CPC in Rutland
- TASCC Driver CPC in Rutland
- FIAS Driver CPC in Rutland
- Vehicle Marshall and Banksman Driver CPC in Rutland
- Urban Driving Driver CPC in Rutland
- Rural Driving Driver CPC in Rutland
- STGO Awareness Driver CPC in Rutland
PCV Driver CPC Training for Bus & Coach Drivers in Rutland
At Total Compliance, we also provide driver CPC periodic training for PCV drivers in and around Rutland. This includes:
- Bus driver CPC training in Rutland
- Coach driver CPC training in Rutland
- Minibus driver CPC training in Rutland
We are currently able to offer the following PCV Driver CPC course modules in Rutland:
- Driver’s Course, Working Time and Records – PCV Driver CPC in Rutland
- Driver’s Health & Wellbeing – PCV Driver CPC in Rutland
- Urban Driving - PCV Driver CPC in Rutland
- Rural Driving – PCV Driver CPC in Rutland
If you drive both lorries and buses, you only need to complete a single set of CPC training hours every 5 years (i.e. you do not require two CPCs – one for lorries and a second for buses).
MEET THE TRAINER - MICHELLE SCOTT
Our Rutland driver CPC training is facilitated by Michelle Scott.
Michelle is a director of Total Compliance and has years of experience working as a director of a nationwide distribution business employing over 70 drivers, before starting Total Compliance with her husband, Jonathan.
UPCOMING DRIVER CPC COURSES IN RUTLAND
A Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) is a legal requirement for all professional lorry, bus and coach drivers in Rutland and the rest of the UK.
The legal requirement for Driver CPC in the UK to drive a lorry, bus or coach, is to complete 35 hours of periodic training every 5 years in order to keep your Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC).
Drivers who fail to keep their CPC driver training hours up to date can be fined up to £1,000 for driving professionally without it.
You can check your Driver CPC periodic training hours completed within the current 5-year period, via the gov.uk website.
Anyone who drives a lorry, bus or coach in Rutland and the UK, as the main part of their job, is required by law to have a Driver CPC (certificate of professional competence). Additionally, drivers must also undertake 35 hours of periodic Driver CPC training every 5 years to keep it valid.
There are only a few circumstances where a driver can drive a lorry, bus or coach without holding a valid Driver CPC. These reasons are:
- The driver is carrying passengers for non-commercial carriage or goods for personal use.
- The driver is carrying materials or equipment for their job, where driving the vehicle is not the main part of that job.
- The driver is undertaking driving lessons or their CPC training.
- The driver is driving to or from pre-booked appointments at an official vehicle testing centre.
- The driver is driving within 62 miles of their base, the vehicle is not carrying passengers or goods, and driving a lorry, bus or coach is not their main job.
- The driver is maintaining public order, where the vehicle is being used or controlled by a local authority.
- The driver is carrying out rescue missions or in a state of emergency.
- The vehicle is limited to a top speed of 28mph.
- The vehicle is being used or controlled by the armed forces, police, fire & rescue service, prison service or people running a prison or young offender institution.
It is a legal requirement for drivers to have completed their Driver CPC in order to drive a 7.5 tonne truck professionally in Rutland and the UK, even if they have a C1 entitlement on their driving licence.
Drivers issued with car licences before 1996 automatically had the C1 entitlement added to their licence, which previously allowed them to drive a vehicle up to 7.5 tonnes professionally. However, since the introduction of Driver CPC, the entitlement is only valid if the individual has also completed their Driver CPC.
Once you have gained your initial Driver CPC, it is mandatory to undertake 35hrs of periodic Driver CPC training every five years, in order to keep your Driver CPC card from expiring.
Whilst it is possible for new drivers to fail their initial Driver CPC, that is required in order to drive a large or medium-sized goods vehicle professionally, the 35hrs of periodic Driver CPC training courses, do not have a pass or fail result based on a candidate’s ability. In order to pass periodic Driver CPC training, you must simply undertake the minimum number of training hours required, with an accredited training provider, such as Total Compliance, in order to pass.
As long as you have passed all of the tests, you can drive professionally in Rutland and the UK, while you are waiting for your Driver CPC card to arrive. You will not be fined during this time, for not having your card with you. Your Driver CPC card should arrive within 20 days of passing the final test. If you have not received it after 20 days, you should contact the DVSA (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency).
It is a legal requirement for drivers to carry their Driver CPC card with them, while driving a lorry, bus or coach professionally in Rutland and the UK. Failure to do so can result in a £50 fixed penalty fine for driving professionally without your card.
It is against the law in Rutland and rest of the UK to drive a lorry, bus or coach professionally without an up to date Driver CPC. Drivers who are found to breach these rules, can be fined up to £1000.
There has been lots of speculation that once Brexit happens, Driver CPC will be scrapped in Rutland and the rest of the UK. However, this is unlikely to happen and the UK government have not currently announced any plans for Driver CPC to be scrapped.