EXTERNAL TRANSPORT MANAGER NEAR ME
(HGV & PCV)
External Transport Manager Near Me
(HGV and PSV)
Whether you are looking for ongoing transport manager support, or simply require some assistance for a one-off project, Total Compliance can help.
We offer external Transport Manager Services for all types of licence holders, including Standard National, Standard International, and services for Restricted Licence Holders.
Why employ and pay for the ongoing training of an in-house transport manager when you can outsource the service to us for as little as £100 per month? The support that we provide can flex in line with the number of vehicles in your fleet, and will give you the peace of mind that you are legally compliant at all times.
What is an External Transport Manager?
Many small to medium sized businesses do not have sufficient requirements to employ a full-time transport manager. To navigate this issue, they can instead choose to employ an external transport manager instead.
An external transport manager is a competent professional who has been designated to ensure that an operator’s vehicles are roadworthy and that its drivers are complying with all relevant rules and legislation.
If an operator fails to heed their transport manager's advice or comply with their requests, they are duty bound to inform the Traffic Commissioner's Office.
What are the Duties of an External Transport Manager?
An External Transport Manager is responsible for carrying out a number of tasks, with the key ones listed below set out by the Senior Traffic Commissioner in their Statutory Document No. 3 - Transport Managers.
CONTACT US TODAY
Call us now, or complete our form and we'll contact you.
What requirements must an External Transport Manager meet?
According to the requirements set out by the Senior Traffic Commissioner in Statutory Document No. 3 - Transport Managers, a designated transport manager must meet the requirements of Article 4 as follows:
- They must be of good repute (in accordance with paragraphs 1 to 5 of Schedule 3);
- They must be professionally competent (in accordance with paragraph 13 of Schedule 3); and,
- External transport managers must not be prohibited from acting as a transport manager by a traffic commissioner. They must also only be designated to act in that capacity for a maximum of 4 operators with a combined maximum total fleet of 50 vehicles. Or a smaller number if the traffic commissioner considers appropriate.
How much does an External Transport Manager Cost?
The fees charged by an external transport manager will usually depend on a number of considerations, such as:
- The operator's compliance risk score (OCRS) - the higher the risk, the higher the external transport manager's rates are likely to be.
- The number of vehicles an operator has.
- The length of the external transport manager's contract.
- The number of external transport manager hours required each month.
- Our external transport manager fees start from as little as £100 per month.
Restricted Licence Transport Manager Consultancy
Restricted Operator’s Licence holders are not obliged to employ a professionally competent person/CPC Qualified Transport Manager. However, they are still subject to the same sets of regulations as standard licence operators. Total Compliance offers a consultancy service on either a one-off or retainer basis.
Why Choose Total Compliance?
The Total Compliance team is passionate about transport and have years of experience and extensive knowledge of the transport and logistics industries.
Based in Lincolnshire, but operating across the UK, Total Compliance offers a wide range of services, to keep your business compliant. We have got you covered for all your transport compliance, accreditation and training needs.