Our Counterbalance Forklift Training Courses
Total Compliance offers a wide range of training courses for the transport and construction industries, including forklift truck training.
Counterbalance forklifts are the most commonly used type of forklift truck and are typically required in industrial premises such as warehouses and construction sites. A valid forklift licence is a requirement for many jobs in warehouses, logistics, construction and similar industries where forklift trucks operate.
Our counterbalance forklift training courses teach operatives how to safely operate a forklift. The course is taught at the following 3 different levels:
- Novice - This course is for operators who have little or no experience. The objective is to equip operatives with the confidence, knowledge and skills required to safely and efficiently operate a counterbalance forklift truck.
- Experienced – This course is for operators who are competent and experienced on a counterbalance forklift but have not received any approved training or are unable to prove previous counterbalance forklift certification.
- Refresher - This course is for forklift drivers who are able to produce an accredited certificate but have not operated trucks for some time or are only an occasional user. This course is also useful for drivers who may have developed unsafe working practices, had an accident or near miss, or changed their working practices.
Forklift operator training Includes:
- Course induction
- Reasons for training and statutory requirements, including HASAWA 1974
- Introduction to equipment and the principles of operation
- Identification, use and adjustment of attachments in pre-determined positions including forks
- Recommended mount and dismount
- Introduction to motive, steering controls and practice
- Basic steering exercises
- Advanced steering exercises including figure of 8, chicane & 90° approaches
- Battery charging procedures and maintenance
- Operator safety code
- Daily pre-use inspections and refuelling procedures
- Engineering principles, rated capacity and stability
- Simple hydraulics
- Introduction to hydraulic controls and handling empty pallets low level
- Load types, handling and weight assessment
- Safety film
- Multiple choice theory test
- Pre-use inspection test
- Practical skills test
*The advanced and refresher courses do not cover some of the more basic topics listed above.
Why choose Total Compliance?
The team at Total Compliance is passionate about training and are experts in the construction, transport and logistics industries. With years of experience, they always keep their knowledge and expertise maintained to the highest standard to ensure they are able to continue to deliver excellence in training and consultancy.
We aren't just a training company, however. We also offer a range of different construction and transport industry services, including all aspects of health and safety. We have helped many companies achieve CHAS and FORS status as well as ensuring that their operatives receive all of the training required and are trained to a high standard.
For more information on any of our training courses, or other services, please contact Michelle on 07710 878041, or email us.