OVERHEAD CRANE TRAINING
Our Overhead Crane Training Courses
Total Compliance offers a wide range of training courses for the transport and construction industries, including Overhead Crane Training.
Overhead Crane Training provides crane operators with the practical skills required to safely operate overhead cranes, as well as an understanding of the relevant legislation that applies to lifting operations, lifting equipment and accessories.
The course is taught at 3 different levels: Novice, Experienced and Refresher, and is delivered in the format of registration, presentations, tests and debrief. Each course includes a book for candidates and covers the following learning outcomes.
- Relevant lifting operations including crane legislation and regulations
- Different types of overhead cranes and their controls
- Common types of lifting equipment accessories
- Periodic examinations of equipment including pre-shift & post shift inspections
- Defective equipment and quarantine procedures
- Hazards associated with lifting operations & cranes
- Safe working systems and control measures
- Loads including, weight estimation, centre of gravity, security & stability
- Principles of slinging
- Use of tag lines
- Load and lay-down areas
- Use of PPE
- Methods of communication and announcements
- Use of signage and barriers
- Emergency procedures and escape routes
- Operating an overhead crane
- Crane control panels
- Slinging techniques
- Controlling movement of a load
- Trial lifts Landing of loads and target practice
CONTACT US TODAY
Call us on: 0345 9001312
or complete the contact form below and
a member of the team will get back to you.
Why choose Total Compliance?
The team at Total Compliance is passionate about training and are experts in the transport, logistics and construction industries. With years of experience, we keep their knowledge and expertise at the very highest standard in order to be able to continue to deliver high quality training and consultancy.
We offer a range of different construction industry services and have helped many companies to achieve CHAS status as well as ensuring their operatives are trained to a high standard and their business remains compliant.
For more information on any of our safety training courses, or other services, please contact Michelle on 0345 9001312, or click on the button below.