Safe Urban Driving Training in the West Midlands
Our FORS Silver Compliant, CPC Accredited, Safe Urban Driving Training in the West Midlands
Total Compliance offer Safe Urban Driving Training for operators in the West Midlands.
Safe Urban Driving (SUD) is essential training for all commercial drivers operating HGVs regularly in the urban environment, or where there are high volumes of vulnerable road users.
The one-day course aims to give drivers a better awareness of the risks of the road in relation to other road users such as cyclists and pedestrians, helping them to better assess situations and avoid accidents.
Why Choose Total Compliance for your Safe Urban Driving training in the West Midlands?
The Total Compliance team is passionate about transport and logistics. With significant experience in the industry and an extensive knowledge of transport legislation and training, we can ensure that your business stays compliant.
With offices, trainers and consultants across the UK, we offer a complete range of services, making Total Compliance your one stop shop for transport training and support in the West Midlands.
WHO DO WE DELIVER SAFE URBAN DRIVING TRAINING FOR IN THE WEST MIDLANDS?
As transport industry experts, Total Compliance have been delivering Safe Urban Driving Training to hauliers, logistics companies and public transport operators in the West Midlands for years.
With FORS Silver accreditation requiring all drivers employed by the company, to complete Safe Urban Driving training, our trainers, regularly travel up and down the A38(M) and M6, visting customers in Coventry, Birmingham and Walsall, to deliver Safe Urban Driving training on their own premises in the West Midlands.
How is the Safe Urban Course in the West Midlands Delivered?
The SUD training course is delivered in two sections over 1 full day, a classroom theory module and a practical cycling module. The two modules are delivered on the same day, over the course of 7 hours and can be run at your own premises in the West Midlands, or at one of our near by classroom locations.
The theory element of the course can be delivered in one of our classroom venues, or in a suitable room on your own premises, and it covers the following:
- The changing streetscape and the urban environment
- Vulnerable road users and sharing the road safely
- Defensive driving techniques and understand vehicle safety equipment and how to maintain its effectiveness
The practical element of the course is undertaken out on the road, on a pushbike, giving drivers the opportunity to experience a cyclist's view of the road. You can use your own bike, helmet and hi-viz vest, as long as they are deemed to be safe and suitable by the instructor, or you can borrow everything you need from us. The practical part of the course covers the following:
- Exchanging places, driver attitude and perception
- Introduction to active travel, driver fitness and health
- Hazard recognition: understanding the issues faced by vulnerable road users
What Are the Benefits of Taking the Safe Urban Driving Course?
Aside from the obvious benefits of improving safety and reducing the risk of accidents, this course is also accredited and aligned to meet other requirements.
- FORS Silver accreditation requires all drivers employed by the company, to complete Safe Urban Driving training.
- This course is CPC accredited, and can be counted as 7 hours towards your periodic driver CPC training requirement
- Our Safe Urban Driving Training is fully aligned to meet the requirements of:
- Work Related Road Risk (WRRR)
- Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS) Silver level
- Construction Logistics & Cyclist Safety (CLOCS) Standard