Driver CPC Training Near Me
As approved training providers, Total Compliance delivers CPC Driver training for professional drivers in Grantham.
Based in Grantham, Lincolnshire and operating across the UK, Total Compliance is a specialist provider of Driver CPC training in Grantham. Our expert team are passionate about transport and aim to enhance driver skills and improve on-road safety and behaviour through training.
We have extensive knowledge and experience of the transport and logistics industry. Our LGV CPC periodic training syllabus can be delivered either on your premises or in one of our training rooms in Grantham.
Why Choose Total Compliance for your CPC Driver Training in Grantham?
Our courses always get fantastic feedback due to our unique and friendly style of teaching.
With our CPC training courses you get:
- Flexible start times - day and night
- Interactive learning using quizzes and activities
- Industry knowledge from our hands-on experience
WHO DO WE DELIVER CPC TRAINING TO IN GRANTHAM?
As transport industry experts, Total Compliance has delivered CPC periodic training to hauliers, logistics companies and public transport operators in Grantham for many years.
Our trainer Michelle, regularly travels up and down the A52, visting customers in Great Ponton, Manthorpe and Belton, to deliver CPC training on their own premises.
Our Clients in Grantham Include:
What Driver CPC Periodic Training Modules Do We Offer in Grantham?
At Total Compliance, we provide CPC training for HGV drivers in Grantham. We also provide CPC training for Coach drivers in Grantham and CPC training for Bus drivers in Grantham.
HGV CPC Driver Training for Lorry Drivers in Grantham
At Total Compliance, we provide driver CPC periodic training for HGV drivers in and around Grantham. This includes:
- HGV Class 1 CPC training in Grantham
- HGV Class 2 CPC training in Grantham
- LGV Driver CPC training in Grantham
- 5 tonne CPC training in Grantham
- Lorry driver CPC training in Grantham
We are currently able to offer the following HGV CPC driver training course modules in Lincolnshire:
- Driver’s Course, Working Time and Records Driver CPC in Grantham
- Safe Loading of Goods Driver CPC in Grantham
- Driver’s Health & Wellbeing Driver CPC in Grantham
- TASCC CPC Driver Training in Grantham
- FIAS CPC Driver Training in Grantham
- Vehicle Marshall and Banksman Driver CPC training courses in Grantham
- Urban Driving CPC training in Grantham
- Rural Driving CPC training in Grantham
- STGO AwarenessDriver CPC in Grantham
PCV CPC Driver Training Courses in Lincolnshire for Bus & Coach Drivers
At Total Compliance, we also provide driver CPC periodic training for PCV drivers in and around Lincolnshire. This includes:
- CPC driver training for bus drivers in Lincolnshire
- CPC driver training for coach drivers in Lincolnshire
- CPC driver training for minibus drivers in Lincolnshire
We are currently able to offer the following PCV Driver CPC course modules in Lincolnshire:
- Driver’s Course, Working Time and Records – PCV Driver CPC in Lincolnshire
- Driver’s Health & Wellbeing – PCV Driver CPC in Lincolnshire
- Urban Driving - PCV Driver CPC in Lincolnshire
- Rural Driving – PCV Driver CPC in Lincolnshire
If you drive both lorries and buses, you only need to complete a single set of CPC training hours every 5 years; (i.e. you do not require two CPCs – one for lorries and a second for buses).
MEET THE TRAINER - MICHELLE SCOTT
Our Grantham periodic CPC training is facilitated by Michelle Scott.
Michelle is a director of Total Compliance. She has years of experience working as a director of a nationwide distribution business, employing over 70 drivers. She then started Total Compliance with her husband, Jonathan.
UPCOMING DRIVER CPC TRAINING COURSES NEAR ME IN GRANTHAM
A Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) is a legal requirement for all professional lorry, bus and coach drivers in Grantham and the rest of the UK.
The legal requirement for Driver CPC in the UK to drive a lorry, bus or coach, is to complete 35 hours of periodic training every 5 years. This is in order to keep your Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC).
Drivers who fail to keep their CPC driver training hours up to date can be fined up to £1,000 for driving professionally without it.
You can check your Driver CPC periodic training hours completed within the current 5-year period, via the gov.uk website.
Anyone who drives a lorry, bus or coach in Grantham and the UK, as the main part of their job, is required by law to have a Driver CPC (certificate of professional competence). Additionally, drivers must also undertake 35 hours of periodic CPC training every 5 years to keep it valid.
There are only a few circumstances where a driver can drive a lorry, bus or coach without holding a valid Driver CPC. These reasons are:
- The driver is carrying passengers for non-commercial carriage or goods for personal use.
- The driver is carrying materials or equipment for their job, where driving the vehicle is not the main part of that job.
- The driver is undertaking driving lessons or their CPC training.
- The driver is driving to or from pre-booked appointments at an official vehicle testing centre.
- The driver is driving within 62 miles of their base, the vehicle is not carrying passengers or goods. Driving a lorry, bus or coach must also not be their main job.
- The driver is maintaining public order, where the vehicle is being used or controlled by a local authority.
- The driver is carrying out rescue missions or in a state of emergency.
- The vehicle is limited to a top speed of 28mph.
- The vehicle is being used or controlled by the armed forces, police, fire & rescue service, prison service or people running a prison or young offender institution.
It is a legal requirement for drivers to have completed their Driver CPC in order to drive a 7.5 tonne truck professionally in the UK. This applies even if they have a C1 entitlement on their driving licence.
Drivers issued with car licences before 1996 automatically had the C1 entitlement added to their licence. This previously allowed them to drive a vehicle up to 7.5 tonnes professionally. However, since the introduction of Driver CPC, the entitlement is only valid if the individual has also completed their Driver CPC.
Once you have gained your initial qualification, it is mandatory to undertake 35hrs of periodic Driver CPC training every five years. This is in order to keep your Driver CPC card from expiring.
It is possible for new drivers to fail their initial Driver CPC qualification. However, the 35hrs of periodic CPC training courses, do not have a pass or fail result based on a candidate’s ability. In order to pass periodic Driver CPC training, you must simply undertake the minimum number of training hours required. This must be done with an accredited training provider, such as Total Compliance, in order to pass.
As long as you have passed all of the tests, you can drive professionally in Grantham and the UK, while you are waiting for your Driver qualification card to arrive. You will not be fined during this time, for not having your card with you. Your card should arrive within 20 days of passing the final test. If you have not received it after 20 days, you should contact the DVSA (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency).
It is a legal requirement for drivers to carry their Driver CPC card with them, while driving a lorry, bus or coach professionally. This applies in Grantham and the rest of the UK. Failure to do so can result in a £50 fixed penalty fine for driving professionally without your card.
It is against the law in Grantham and rest of the UK to drive a lorry, bus or coach professionally without an up to date Driver CPC. Drivers who are found to breach these rules, can be fined up to £1000.
There has been lots of speculation that once Brexit happens, Driver CPC will be scrapped in the UK. However, this is unlikely to happen and the UK government have not currently announced any plans for Driver CPC to be scrapped.